Prep 3 hrs
Cook 5 mins
You could use these tasty morsels as appetisers or as the crowning glory in a stir fry or other Asian-style dish. If you want maximum flavour, make sure you leave enough time to marinate the shrimp overnight.
- 20 large shrimp (frozen are ok)
- 200 g thick plain yogurt
- coriander (to serve)
- lime (to serve)
for the spice paste
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and chopped
- 4 small hot chili peppers, chopped and deseeded
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Devein the shrimp, if necessary, and wash thoroughly.
- Pour the water into a blender.
- Throw in the ginger, chillies, garlic, spices and lemon juice.
- Whiz in the blender until you have a thick slush, then add the black pepper.
- Tip the yogurt into a bowl, then mix in the spice paste and the shrimp.
- Cover and leave to marinate for at least three hours and as long as overnight.
- When you are ready to cook, heat up your oven grill.
- Put the shrimp, still coated in the yogurt, onto a baking tray and grill for 3-4 minutes or until golden.
- Squeeze over a bit of lime juice and sprinkle with chopped coriander.
- Serve immediately.