Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
Crunchy vegetables and soft noodles in a sweet chilli sauce. Yummy and quick.
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely sliced
- 100 g shiitake mushrooms
- 225 g tinned bamboo shoots in water, drained
- 220 g tinned water chestnuts in water, drained
- 1⁄2 red chile, finely sliced
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 teaspoon sweet soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 500 g medium egg noodles
- cooking spray, for frying
- 200 g pak choi, broken into leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and heat a non-stick wok until hot.
- Mix together the sesame seeds, red chilli, spring onions, Chinese 5 spice, soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce. Set aside.
- Plunge noodles into boiling water and cook until tender, according to packet instructions. Drain.
- Spray the wok with oil and when hot, stir-fry all the vegetables for 3-5 minutes until tender.
- Toss through the dressing and serve with the noodles.