Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
One of my favourites...for best results be sure to use good quality tuna. I usually use Sirena brand tuna.
- 300 g large shell pasta
- 200 g green beans, halved
- 2 (185 g) cans tuna, in chili oil
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaf, torn
- 2 tablespoons drained baby capers
- 100 g baby rocket or 100 g baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water, uncovered, until it is just tender. Drain the pasta, then rinse it under cold water.
- Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave the beans until just tender, then drain. Drain the tuna over a small bowl, reserving the oil for the Dressing. Flake the tuna into large chunks with a fork.
- Just before serving, combine the pasta, beans tuna, herbs and capers is a large bowl then drizzle with the Dressing. Serve the salad topped with rocket leaves.
- Combine all of the ingredients with the reserved chilli oil in a jar and shake well.
Very good tuna pasta salad which was much lower in fat than the usual. I couldn't find the tuna in chili oil, so used tuna in water, drained and added 1/2 tsp sesame chili oil to the dressing. This will also make a great workday lunch tomorrow. Thanks for sharing!
This was quite good but a litle too dry for our taste and a bit and the lemon flavor was a bit too overpowering, thanks for sharing...Kitten
Really loved this was a very fresh tasting pasta salad, this is going to be my tuna salad of choice now, thanks.