One of my favourites...for best results be sure to use good quality tuna. I usually use Sirena brand tuna.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 300 g large shell pasta
- 200 g green beans, halved
- 2 (185 g) cans tuna, in chili oil
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaf, torn
- 2 tablespoons drained baby capers
- 100 g baby rocket or 100 g baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water, uncovered, until it is just tender. Drain the pasta, then rinse it under cold water.
- 2Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave the beans until just tender, then drain. Drain the tuna over a small bowl, reserving the oil for the Dressing. Flake the tuna into large chunks with a fork.
- 3Just before serving, combine the pasta, beans tuna, herbs and capers is a large bowl then drizzle with the Dressing. Serve the salad topped with rocket leaves.
- 5Combine all of the ingredients with the reserved chilli oil in a jar and shake well.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilli Tuna Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.8
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 23.4 mg
- Sodium 120.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 22.2 g