1/1 Photo of Chilli Tuna Pasta
This is quick meal and is very nice! We have it quite often.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 425 g tuna packed in oil
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 50 g pine nuts
- 250 ml pasta sauce (Leggos stir through Tomato)
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons chili flakes (can use minced or fresh chilli instead if desired)
- 250 g penne
- 10 ml olive oil (for frying)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, roughly coppped
- 30 g parmesan cheese (thick and long slices is great)
- 1In a large pot, cook penne to taste (see packaging for details).
- 2Add oil to a deep, heavy based frying pan. Chop onion and cook in pan along with garic and chilli on high heat until oninion is soft.
- 3Add chopped sun dried tomatoes, tuna and pasta sauce.
- 4Reduce heat to a simmer.
- 5Add pine nuts.
- 6When pasta has cooked, drain and add to frying pan along with chopped, fresh basil.
- 7Stir pasta through sauce until well coated.
- 8Serve in large, open bowl.
- 9Top with slices of fresh parmesan cheese.
- 10You can add pretty much anything to this dish - olives, egg plant, artichoke hearts, capers - even anchovy fillets are lovely.
- 11You can also remove the tuna from the dish and add 4 or 5 rashers of chopped bacon instead. This is VERY nice.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilli Tuna Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 647.3
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 25.7 mg
- Sodium 892.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 42.7 g