Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made this up one day when I wanted tuna but was too lazy to cook properly. It used what I had in the house and tasted so good there's always some in the freezer (for extra lazy days). They can be eaten hot or cold. I usually serve them with a chilli sauce or chutney. They're also low in fat.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cook the potatoes in salted water until tender.
- Mash the potatoes and stir in the other ingredients. Check the seasoning.
- With damp hands, shape the mix into patties of the size you want.
- If you want, brush the tops of the patties with oil.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the tuna cakes are golden.