Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
A very tasty twist on bread I found the orginal recipe in Family Circle Mag. The orginal used plane tomatoes but I like mine better. Best served when warm.
- 3 cups baking mix (Bisquick)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- Heat oven to 350.
- coat two 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2- inch loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stir together baking mix and shredded cheese in a large bowl; make well in center of mixture.
- Add eggs, milk, and tomatoes with chillies to well.
- Stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Divide batter evenly between the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in 350 oven 45 minutes, until wooden pick inserted in centers tests clean.
- Coll in pans on rack 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.
This is good. A little heavy, but good flavor.