Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I can't find any seitan supplier near me its infuriating so I've given in and started eating quorn. I wanted something to take on a chicken substitute as I was getting sick of eating lentils (as great as they are) so here's my interesting and super healthy chili quorn and veg. You can use any veg you want, this was just a selection of what needed using what was in my fridge. I think this is low carb in the traditional sense. i.e. it has no potatoes or bread or pasta in it. I don't class veg as carbs, maybe I should? I dunno. I love garlic so I put loads in along with garlic powder. Feel free to put in as much or as little as you want,I'll forgive you. I also like diagonal stuff--chop however you wish!
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 3 small onions (sliced chunky)
- 2 courgettes, sliced diagonally
- 1⁄2 celeriac, peeled and cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons tinned sweetcorn
- 3 small carrots, peeled and sliced diagonally
- 400 g peeled plum tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, squished
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili seeds
- 4 quorn pieces
- Preheat oven to gas mark 7.
- Put all veg (apart from tin of tomatoes) and seasoning and garlic onto a baking tray and drizzle with oil. bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- After twenty minutes stir a bit and add the tomatoes. Place the quorn fillets on the top of the veg and cover a bit with some veg. Put back in oven for another 20- 30 min depending on how golden you want your quorn and how crispy you want your veg.
- Take out and eat.