Recipe by Hershy
Great salad for a summer lunch or dinner under the stars.
Top Review by **Mandy**
Made this with a few adjustments to suit the family's taste. Roasted the pumpkin cubes and onion wedges in some olive oil with a touch of paprika and some garlic powder. Cubed the baby beets and added some cucumber and fresh parsley with the sweet chilli sauce. Great colours, easy to put together and great taste. I too thought it tasted even better the next day as leftovers.
- 1 lb pumpkin
- 1 brown onion
- 1 (450 g) can baby beets
- sweet Thai sweet chili sauce
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil, bake or microwave the pumpkin until soft but not mushy.
- Peel the onion and slice into rings.
- When the pumpkin has cooled, peel it and cut it into bite size cubes.
- Fry the onion rings in about 1 tablespoon of olive oil until translucent.
- Drain beetroot.
- When the ingredients are cool, mix them all together with the sweet chili sauce, season to taste, refrigerate and serve.