Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Put these on wooden squewers and BBQ for great party appetizers or serve with rice as a main meal. Dressing and prawns can be made a day ahead, but keep seperate. Toss prawns in the dressing just before cooking. Taken from Australian Women's Weekly Dec 2006 magazine.
- 4 1⁄2 lbs large raw shrimp, tails on
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coriander, roughly chopped (cilantro)
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 fresh lemon rind, grated (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons chili paste or 4 small red chilies, finely chopped
- Dressing: Combine all dressing ingredients, but reserve 1/2 the dressing in a seperate bowl (to use as the dipping sauce.).
- If prawns have haven't been deveined: cut down the back and pull out the black vein. You might need to rinse them.
- Place prawns in a large bowl with the remaining 1/2 of the dressing. Stir lightly and let marinade for no more than 5 minutes.
- Fry up prawns or put on the BBQ until pink, (about 2 minutes on each side).
- Serve the prawns with the dressing on the side (as a dipping sauce) or spooned over. Scatter over the chopped coriander.