Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A oh so simple but delicious recipe, if you love chilli and prawns/shrimp you'll love this.
- 500 g linguine or 500 g spaghetti
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 400 g royal red prawns
- 3 small fresh red chilies, seeded,finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup coarsley chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh lemon rind
- Cook linguine in a large pan of boiling salted water, uncovered, until just tender, drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the prawns, chilli and garlic and cook, stirring, until the prawns are just cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley and lemon rind.
- Combine the linguine with the prawn mixture and toss gently.
- This is great served with a simple green salad, if desired.
Very simple and absolutely delicious. I would warn that if you are using cooked prawns you need only to warm them through or they will be overdone.