Recipe by Nirupa
This is the most easiest way to cook spicy prawns and it can be done rather quickly as well. This dish was first prepared for me by my guy and love Biju and i post this recipe in rememberance of him. I like to let the prawns cook on really low heat, this enables the juices to come out the prawns and so i have to add less water for cooking. But if you dont have the patience just add about 1 cup of wate.
- 1⁄2 kg large shelled prawn
- 2 1⁄2 medium onions
- 4 garlic cloves, make to paste
- 1 inch ginger, make to paste
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons coriander, chopped
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Deshell, devein, wash and drain prawns thoroughly.
- Add half the chilli powder and 1/2 tsp of salt to the prawns, mix well and set aside for 15 minutes.
- In a wok (or any round based utensil) on medium flame add oil and heat a little.
- Add mustard seeds and let it spatter.
- Add onions, ginger and garlic paste, turmeric powder and fry till onions are golden brown.
- Add the marinated prawns and stir.
- Add the remaining chilli powder and salt, stir and place the lid on utensil.
- Reduce flame to the minimum and let it cook, approximately 15 minutes.
- Open lid and stir the prawns add the water and coriander leaves and stir again. Check salt content.
- Let it simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Open lid and check if prawns is cooked thoroughly. If yes, then increase flame to medium and stir till all the water is gone. Serve with rice or chappati.