Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe looks wonderful served in a big clear glass bowl and is so simple to make, and is low in fat as well.
- 250 g cooked medium prawns
- 60 ml lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce (preferably a Thai style)
- 1 red Thai chile, seeded and sliced finely
- 1 Thai green chili, seeded and sliced finely
- 200 g bean thread noodles
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh mint leaves (must be fresh)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Shell and devein the prawns leaving the tails intact.
- Combine the prawns with the lemon juice, sauce, chillies and sugar in a large bowl.
- Place noodles in large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water, stand until tender; drain.
- Combine noodles and mint with prawn mixture.
I concur with chia's evaluation in every respect. Outstanding flavor, very quick and effortless. Dh wanted to be sure I gave this recipe 5 stars. Not a problem, it deserves 10. I sauteed the shrimp in garlic and skipped the mint. Yum. Very yum.
if you want a quick light meal with big bold flavor in a hurry then this is the recipe for you! from start to finish this takes less than 15 minutes, but wow, what taste! i only used whole thai bird chiles and fresh mint from my garden, i hope the photo does it justice.