5 hrs 10 mins
Regular chilli gives me wicked bad heartburn, so this crock pot recipe lets me eat it without suffering!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (680 ml) can tomato sauce, with herbs
- 1 (398 ml) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (540 ml) can red kidney beans, liquid reserved
- 1 (540 ml) can black beans, liquid reserved
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 1Cook and "scramble" beef on stove top.
- 2In crock pot, layer ingredients in the following order: celery, cooked beef, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, kidney beans + liquid, black beans + liquid, red pepper, spices. Give it a quick stir.
- 3Cook on High for 5 hours or Low for 8 hours.
- 4Freezes well for up to a month.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilli (Minus the Heartburn)
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.6
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 49.1 mg
- Sodium 829.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.5 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 29.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: