Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Regular chilli gives me wicked bad heartburn, so this crock pot recipe lets me eat it without suffering!!!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (680 ml) can tomato sauce, with herbs
- 1 (398 ml) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (540 ml) can red kidney beans, liquid reserved
- 1 (540 ml) can black beans, liquid reserved
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- Cook and "scramble" beef on stove top.
- In crock pot, layer ingredients in the following order: celery, cooked beef, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, kidney beans + liquid, black beans + liquid, red pepper, spices. Give it a quick stir.
- Cook on High for 5 hours or Low for 8 hours.
- Freezes well for up to a month.