Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
All the most interesting recipes I find seem to be from Ready Steady Cook! Here's another simple bread recipe for the cookbook. Untried but here for safe keeping.
- 150 g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest of, only
- 2 teaspoons chili flakes
- water (to bind)
- Combine flour, oil, lemon zest, chilli and enough water to bind (best to add the water slowly to make sure you don't go overboard, but you can always throw in some extra flour if it gets too sticky).
- Take half the mixture and roll into a ball.
- Dust a chopping board with flour and roll the dough mixture flat.
- Cook in a hot skillet / frying pan for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Repeat process with remaining mixture to make second flatbread.