Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is Chef Sanjeev Kapoor's recipe from the Young Times magazine dated July 11th'2006. Putting this together is a little tricky but it all looks very presentable once ready and served. Enjoy!
- 6 oyster mushrooms
- 2 medium carrots, cut in thin strips (juliennes)
- 2 medium zucchini, cut in thin strips
- 2 bamboo shoots, thin strips
- 1 medium sized red bell pepper, cut in thin strips
- 1 medium sized yellow bell pepper, cut in thin strips
- 1 medium sized green bell pepper, cut in thin strips
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 inch gingerroot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 green onions, cut in thin strips
For the sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 5 -6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon wine
- 5 -6 black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak mushrooms in water for 30 minutes.
- Drain and slice.
- In a pot, bring the stock to a boil.
- Toss in ginger and salt.
- Then, blanch the vegetables one by one in the stock.
- Drain the vegetables and keep aside the stock.
- Now, carefully take groupings of veggies and make up bundles of these. Use the green of a spring onion to tie them around the middle portion. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Fold in garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Stir in a cup of broth.
- Add all the ingredients listed under 'sauce' except cornflour.
- Bring to a boil.
- In about quarter cup of stock fold in the cornflour and mix well.
- Add this mixture to the sauce as it is being cooked.
- Allow it to simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Pour the stock over the bundled veggies.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve immediately.