this recipe is based on one from Food.com.au that the DH and changed a little to suit our tastes. I have not included the time for peeling the prawns, leave the tails on if you wish but we don't. Feel free to change the chilli amount we like a bit of bite. We served ours with fried rice but will be trying with the rocket and bread, we would use the coriander as we don't care for it. This would serve 2 as a main or 4 as an entree/starter.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 40 g butter
- 2 garlic cloves (thinly sliced lengthways)
- 2 chilies (small red deseeded and finely sliced)
- 2 chili (small red sliced)
- 1⁄2 kg prawns (green or raw peeled)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon rind (finely grated)
- 1⁄8 cup coriander (cilantro chopped optional)
- rocket (to serve)
- crusty bread (sliced brushed with oil and chargrilled to serve)
- Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat and add the garlic and the chilli and cook stirring, for 1 minutes or until aromatic and then add the prawns and season with salt and pepper and cook stirring for 3 to 4 minutes or until the prawns are just cooked through.
- Add the lemon juice, lemon rind and coriander to prawn mixture and toss to combine.
- Divide the prawns among serving plates and serve with rocket and bread.
- A TWIST - To make a Chilli Prawn Panzanella, coarsely tear the bread and rocket leaves, toss with the prawns mixture in a bowl and serve.