Recipe by Jetsetter
This is a wonderfully light and refreshing recipe that is so incredibly quick, easy, and healthy as an added bonus. I cooked this for my guy once a few years ago, and it is now an almost weekly request in our house.
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 -6 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons parsley (fresh is of course, best) or 3 tablespoons oregano (fresh is of course, best)
- 2 red chilies (this of course, is dependant on the strength you like)
- 300 g prawns (these can be ready cooked or raw if raw, shell, de-vein and wash thoroughly)
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a pan then add onion, garlic and chilli and cook on medium heat until soft and translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for 5 mins, after which, if your prawns are raw, add them at this stage. Simmer for 5 more minutes until tomatoes start to break down.
- Add cooked prawns, parsley/oregano & seasoning; simmer for a further 2 minutes until prawns are heated through.
- Serve in a bowl with crusty bread.