Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
Firey tofu dish great for a quick supper. Be careful that the Thai paste you but doesn't contain any fish derivatives if you are concious of animal products.
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 teaspoon mild chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 150 g tofu, cubed
- 250 g thin egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 bunch spring onion, shredded
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 50 g creamed coconut
- 300 ml hot water
- 4 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 90 g salted peanuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the flour, spices and sugar in a bowl.
- Use this mix to coat the tofu.
- Cook the noodles according to the packet. Drain and refresh under cold water.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a wok. Add the tofu and stir fry over a high heat for 3 minutes Remove and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil. Add the onions and carrots and stir fry for 2 minutes
- Mix the coconut cream and hot water until smooth and add the curry paste. Add this to the pan and cook for 3 minutes
- Add the tofu, peanuts and noodles and stir fry over a high heat for 2 mins until everything is mixed well and heated through.