Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Deliciously spicy rice dish. Works well cold the next day and have been invited to many a Barbecue on the condition of bringing it along.
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 chilies, fresh1 red 1 green seeded and finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finley chopped
- 250 g boneless pork or 250 g chicken, finely diced
- 250 g prawns, . raw or 250 g prawns, cooked shelled and deveined
- 4 cups cooked rice (best cooked the day before and chilled overnight )
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup spring onion, chopped including green tops
- 1⁄2 cup coriander leaves, fresh chopped
- Mix the fish and chilli sauces,lime juice and sugar and set aside.
- Heat a wok or large pan,add oil and fry onions, chillies and garlic untill soft, chilli .Add pork or chicken and stir-fry untill cooked. stir in prawns and cook through. Add the rice and str-fry untill heated through.
- Pour the eggs mixed with soy sauce and pepper into a seperate pan.Heat and Stir until the eggs are set. Cut into small pieces and add to the rice.
- Pour over the sauce and mix all together over a high heat for a minute.
- Remove from the heat mix in the spring onions and coriander leaves.