Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious, delicate dish this, i often serve it up as a simple supper for my wife and myself, once the kids are tucked up in bed.
- 175 g dried linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 red chile, seede and finely chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon vodka
- 200 g fresh crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling, salted water.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a frying pan and cook the shallot, garlic and chilli over a low to medium heat for 2-3 minutes until beginning to soften, but not brown. Add the tomatoes, increase the heat and cook for 4-5 minutes until pulpy.
- Now stir in the vodka, followed by the crab meat, and stir gently together. Season to taste.
- Drain the pasta well and return to the pan. Add the sauce and the chopped parsley and stir loosely together. Divide between bowls and top with a good grinding of black pepper.