Recipe by Lenni B
This is an easy cook recipe given to me by my mother-in-law Differing from chilli con carne in many ways, it has morphed into this dish that we love.
- 350 g minced beef
- 8 links pork sausage (not budget, but not the most expensive you can find)
- 1 (400 g) can baked beans
- 1 (470 g) jartomato & herb pasta sauce
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon mild chili powder
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a medium frying pan and dry fry the sausages until they are thoroughly cooked and browned all over. remove them from the pan and replace with the chopped onion and garlic.
- whilst the onions and garlic gently cook in the sausage fat, chop the cooked sausages into bite sized chunks.
- In a large stock pot or deep saucepan combine the pasta sauce and baked beans, chilli powder and mixed herbs with the sausage chunks over a gentle heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once the onions and garlic are cooked (golden but nor burnt), use a slotted spoon to transfer to the sauce.
- Still using the sausage fat, brown the mince. Once browned, transfer to the sauce using the slotted spoon and combine thoroughly.
- Now all the ingredients are in the large pan, cover and simmer on a low heat for 30-45 minutes, adding salt & pepper to tast.
- Serve with fluffy boiled white rice, or over buttery jacket potatoes.