Chilli Con Carne With Chorizo
- In a large saucepan, fry the onion in the oil over a medium heat until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the mince and cook until it browns, stirring to break up any clumps.
- Stir in the chilli powder and cumin, then add the tomatoes, stock, and tomato puree. Cover with a lid and simmer gently for 45 minutes, stirring often.
- Meanwhile, peel the skin off the outside of the chorizo and discard, then cut it into small cubes. Cook in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat for 3-5 minutes until the fat starts to run out.
- Add the chorizo and fat in the pan to the mince, then add the sweet chilli sauce, pepper, and kidney beans. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Mix the cornflour with 2tbsp cold water, stir in and cook until simmering again.