Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
basic chilli, you carnt go wrong
Make and share this Chilli Con Carne recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large red onion
- 1 large white onion
- 600 g lean ground beef
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 (4 ounce) packet chili seasoning mix (loads of choice, all the same!)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 small red pepper
- 1 small green pepper
- 1 small yellow pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1st prep all your onions, slice and dice, 2m chunks.
- Heat the oil on a high heat in a large pan.
- Add the onions and soften/brown.
- Add the mince beef and mix.
- Add one beef stock cube, crush and sprinkle over.
- Mix well and brown off the mince beef.
- Add the other beef stock cube, crush and sprinkle over.
- Lower the heat, and add the packet of chilli spice mix.
- Mix well, mixture should feel dry, watch out you dont burn it.
- Add 1 tin of tomatoes and mix.
- Now simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the 2nd tin of tomatoes and mix.
- Add Kidney Beans and mix.
- Cook on a very low heat for 1 hour with a lid on the pan.
- Stir every 10/15 minutes.
- Add Chopped/Chunky Peppers.
- cook again for 30/40 mins on a very low heat.
- Stir every 20 minutes.
- Serve with garlic bread and rice, yum yum.
- it saves well, and you can frezze it if your mince beef is fresh, its great on jacket supds too.