2 hrs 20 mins
basic chilli, you carnt go wrong
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11st prep all your onions, slice and dice, 2m chunks.
- 2Heat the oil on a high heat in a large pan.
- 3Add the onions and soften/brown.
- 4Add the mince beef and mix.
- 5Add one beef stock cube, crush and sprinkle over.
- 6Mix well and brown off the mince beef.
- 7Add the other beef stock cube, crush and sprinkle over.
- 8Lower the heat, and add the packet of chilli spice mix.
- 9Mix well, mixture should feel dry, watch out you dont burn it.
- 10Add 1 tin of tomatoes and mix.
- 11Now simmer for 5 minutes.
- 12Add the 2nd tin of tomatoes and mix.
- 13Add Kidney Beans and mix.
- 14Cook on a very low heat for 1 hour with a lid on the pan.
- 15Stir every 10/15 minutes.
- 16Add Chopped/Chunky Peppers.
- 17cook again for 30/40 mins on a very low heat.
- 18Stir every 20 minutes.
- 19Serve with garlic bread and rice, yum yum.
- 20it saves well, and you can frezze it if your mince beef is fresh, its great on jacket supds too.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilli Con Carne
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.9
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 65.2 mg
- Sodium 468.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 23.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chili seasoning mix