This is Day 2: Dinner, on the 21 Day Wonder Diet. You make this recipe in larger amounts, and freeze in 1 serve portions.
- 1⁄3 cup brown rice
- cooking spray
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 180 g ground beef
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 400 g diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- 125 g four-bean mix, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons skim-milk natural yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, coarsley chopped
- Cook rice in medium saucepan of boiling water until tender; drain.
- Meanwhile, spray medium frying pan with cooking oil; cook onion and garlic over heat, stirring, until onon softens. Add beef and spices; cook, stirring, until beef is browned.
- Add undrained tomatoes, paste and stock; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Uncover; simmer about 10 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly. Stir in beans.
- Serve rice and chilli con carne topped with yogurt. Sprinkle with parsley.