1/2 Photos of Chilli Con Carne (21 Day Wonder Diet : Day 2 )
Sara 76's Note:
This is Day 2: Dinner, on the 21 Day Wonder Diet. You make this recipe in larger amounts, and freeze in 1 serve portions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup brown rice
- cooking spray
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 180 g ground beef
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 400 g diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 125 g four-bean mix, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons skim-milk natural yogurt
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, coarsley chopped
- 1Cook rice in medium saucepan of boiling water until tender; drain.
- 2Meanwhile, spray medium frying pan with cooking oil; cook onion and garlic over heat, stirring, until onon softens. Add beef and spices; cook, stirring, until beef is browned.
- 3Add undrained tomatoes, paste and stock; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Uncover; simmer about 10 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly. Stir in beans.
- 4Serve rice and chilli con carne topped with yogurt. Sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilli Con Carne (21 Day Wonder Diet : Day 2 )
Serving Size: 1 (455 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.5
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 63.1 mg
- Sodium 436.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 23.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: