Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is Day 2: Dinner, on the 21 Day Wonder Diet. You make this recipe in larger amounts, and freeze in 1 serve portions.
- 1⁄3 cup brown rice
- cooking spray
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 180 g ground beef
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 400 g diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- 125 g four-bean mix, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons skim-milk natural yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, coarsley chopped
- Cook rice in medium saucepan of boiling water until tender; drain.
- Meanwhile, spray medium frying pan with cooking oil; cook onion and garlic over heat, stirring, until onon softens. Add beef and spices; cook, stirring, until beef is browned.
- Add undrained tomatoes, paste and stock; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Uncover; simmer about 10 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly. Stir in beans.
- Serve rice and chilli con carne topped with yogurt. Sprinkle with parsley.
One of the best tasting chilli con carnes I have had in a long time. Really tasty. I should have doubled up on this recipe. There were no leftovers.
I made this pretty much as posted except that I used a whole can of beans and used chili sauce for the tomato sauce. I ended up with a really tasty chili that made at least 4 servings. Made for ZWT7
Used 1/2 lb ground beef (could use chicken for less fat) 1 can 14.5oz diced tomatoes, 1 whole can of mixed chili beans, 1tbsp chili powder. This turned out really delicious. Might add some red pepper to this. Thanks for Reposting this. Will let you know how the other 19 days go. :)