Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I got the idea to add the chilli to the eggs from the Lindt chocolate block. Chocolate eggs filled with a creamy chocolate centre with a hint of chilli. This is a great flavour combination, the chilli is subtle but something quite different. I have also added Amarula Cream, Bailey's and Frangelico on other occasions, the possibilities are endless. This can make as many eggs as you choose, it depends on the size of the moulds.
- 350 g milk chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup thickened cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 350 g dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 30 g dark chocolate, melted
- chocolate, moulds
- Melt the dark chocolate over a double broiler, once smooth remove from heat and stir in the oil.
- Using a good quality paintbrush paint the chocolate into the egg moulds.
- Melt milk chocolate over a double broiler.
- When it is almost smooth take off the heat and continue stiring.
- Slowly add the melted butter and the cream, still stiring.
- Add the chilli powder.
- Once combined allow to cool to room temperature.
- Take the egg moulds from the fridge and fill the halves with the milk chocolate mix.
- Melt the remaining dark chocolate and use it to glue the egg half's together.
- Refrigerate 2 hours.