Recipe by Perry's Apprentice
An easy chicken pasta that can be as hot as you like or can handle (just add more chillis).
Top Review by I'mPat
Hubby said 3 I said 5 split it giving a 4. Used 800 gms of chicken, 2 chillies (1 deseeded) - chillies rated 10 on the hot scale - will cut back to 1 chilli, for me okay but rest of family said as tasty as it was just a tad to hot. Also used a mixture of garlic chives, oregano, basil and parsley. Will definately be trying again.
- 500 g chicken breasts (cubed)
- peanut oil
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- cracked pepper
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh basil
- 3 finely chopped red chilies (with seeds)
- 1⁄4 cup diced chives
- 300 g penne
- 440 g crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup diced parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to boil in saucepan and add Penne. Cook for 12 minutes.
- Heat Oil in Wok.
- Cook chicken in batches until lightly browned.
- Return chicken to Wok.
- Stir in garlic, chilli, chives, tomatoes and cracked pepper.
- Bring to boil and reduce heat and simmer until sauce begins to thicken.
- Stir in basil and simmer until thickened.
- Stir in parsley.
- Serve over Penne.
- Sprinkle with fresh parmesan cheese if desired.