Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
An easy chicken pasta that can be as hot as you like or can handle (just add more chillis).
Make and share this Chilli Chicken With Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 500 g chicken breasts (cubed)
- peanut oil
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- cracked pepper
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh basil
- 3 finely chopped red chilies (with seeds)
- 1⁄4 cup diced chives
- 300 g penne
- 440 g crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup diced parsley
- Bring water to boil in saucepan and add Penne. Cook for 12 minutes.
- Heat Oil in Wok.
- Cook chicken in batches until lightly browned.
- Return chicken to Wok.
- Stir in garlic, chilli, chives, tomatoes and cracked pepper.
- Bring to boil and reduce heat and simmer until sauce begins to thicken.
- Stir in basil and simmer until thickened.
- Stir in parsley.
- Serve over Penne.
- Sprinkle with fresh parmesan cheese if desired.
Hubby said 3 I said 5 split it giving a 4. Used 800 gms of chicken, 2 chillies (1 deseeded) - chillies rated 10 on the hot scale - will cut back to 1 chilli, for me okay but rest of family said as tasty as it was just a tad to hot. Also used a mixture of garlic chives, oregano, basil and parsley. Will definately be trying again.