Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a fantastic recipe, I always serve it with egg noodles. Try it once and you will be hooked. You can also make this with steak.
- 1 tablespoon cornflour (Cornstarch)
- 55 ml light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 chili, seeded and thinly sliced (Red for colour)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into strips.
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- Combine cornflour with 55ml water in a small jug or bowl.
- Stir in the soy sauce, honey and chilli sauce, mix well and set aside.
- Heat Vegetable Oil in wok, and stir fry chicken for 5 minutes until cooked, remove and keep warm.
- Add Sesame oil to wok with chopped chilli and garlic, stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add peppers, onions and ginger and stir fry for a further 2- 3 minutes.
- Return chicken to wok, add cornflour mix and stir until the sauce begins to thicken and chicken is hot.
- Serve immediately with noodles.
- If you want to save a few calories you could grill (broil) chicken or steak.
- This should save 1.5 tbsp of Vegetable Oil.