Recipe by Aaliyah's&Aaron'sMum
Quick and tastefully light meal with crunchy vegetables and chicken. You may even try this dish with beef instead of chicken. Serve with fried rice or plain steamed jasmine rice.
Top Review by JoyfulCook
Personally I would give this a 5 it was totally delicious. I did use what Chinese vegetables I already had! the flavour, simply lovely, served with plain noodles and cooked for the Chinese New Year Tag game 2012. I will definately be using this again, thanks so much for posting.
For chicken marinade
- 500 g skinless chicken breasts
- 14.79 ml light soy sauce
- 29.58 ml oyster sauce
- 4.92 ml Chinese five spice powder
- 0.25 ml ground black pepper
For the sauce
- 14.79-29.58 ml peanut oil (or any flavourless oil)
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 100 g small broccoli florets
- 100 g mange-touts peas
- 50 g baby corn
- 1 carrot, sliced diagonally 3cm thick
- 2 red chilies, chopped (de-seeded if you wish)
- 150 ml hot chicken stock
- 14.79 ml dark soy sauce
- 14.79 ml cornflour, mixed with
- 73.94 ml hot water
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the chicken into thin bite-size strips.
- In a bowl, mix soy sauce, oyster sauce, five-spice powder and black pepper and add in the chicken strips and give it all a good mix till the chicken pieces are coated evenly.
- Leave to marinate for atleast 30 minutes.
- Heat a wok over high heat, and when hot, add the oil.
- Stir-fry the garlic and ginger for about 30 seconds before adding the chicken and its marinade and cook for about 6-8 minutes or so stirring constantly (till the chicken is cooked).
- Add the vegetables and chillies to the wok, and fry briskly for a minute.
- Pour in the hot chicken stock and add the dark soy sauce and give it a good stir.
- Mix cornflour in hot water till dissolved and pour into the wok.
- Stir until the sauce is thickened, season to taste, and serve straight away.