1/3 Photos of Chilli Chicken Stir-Fry
Quick and tastefully light meal with crunchy vegetables and chicken. You may even try this dish with beef instead of chicken. Serve with fried rice or plain steamed jasmine rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For chicken marinade
- 500 g skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
For the sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon peanut oil (or any flavourless oil)
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 100 g small broccoli florets
- 100 g mange-touts peas
- 50 g baby corn
- 1 carrot, sliced diagonally 3cm thick
- 2 red chilies, chopped (de-seeded if you wish)
- 150 ml hot chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornflour, mixed with
- 5 tablespoons hot water
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped for garnish
- 1Slice the chicken into thin bite-size strips.
- 2In a bowl, mix soy sauce, oyster sauce, five-spice powder and black pepper and add in the chicken strips and give it all a good mix till the chicken pieces are coated evenly.
- 3Leave to marinate for atleast 30 minutes.
- 4Heat a wok over high heat, and when hot, add the oil.
- 5Stir-fry the garlic and ginger for about 30 seconds before adding the chicken and its marinade and cook for about 6-8 minutes or so stirring constantly (till the chicken is cooked).
- 6Add the vegetables and chillies to the wok, and fry briskly for a minute.
- 7Pour in the hot chicken stock and add the dark soy sauce and give it a good stir.
- 8Mix cornflour in hot water till dissolved and pour into the wok.
- 9Stir until the sauce is thickened, season to taste, and serve straight away.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilli Chicken Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (560 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 454.7
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 160.0 mg
- Sodium 2065.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 60.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder