1/1 Photo of Chilli Chicken Parcels
Chef #302958's Note:
This is a great recipe adapted from an Australian Institute of Sport cookbook... so it must be good for you! Good for an appetizer at a big dinner party, or on its own for a main meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- olive oil flavored cooking spray (1 spray)
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 300 g ground chicken
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce (more if you like)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 5 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 12 leaves iceberg lettuce
- 1Spray pan with oil and heat.
- 2Cook onion until soft.
- 3Add chicken mince, garlic and ginger. Cook until chicken is browned.
- 4Add pepper, cook until soft.
- 5Add fish sauce and sweet chilli sauce to taste.
- 6Add cilantro.
- 7Scoop one spoonful of rice and one spoonful of chicken mixture into a lettuce leaf. Parcel it up to eat with your hands. Yum-o!
- 8Based on NataschAnn's helpful comments I have made some improvements to this recipe. Firstly, I have changed step 6 to read "cilantro" instead of "coriander". They are one in the same, in Australia we call it coriander, and that's what I had written in the ingredients section. However, the Zaar's automatic ingredient formatter changed my coriander to cilantro and confusion has ensued! That'll learn me -- Second, I have rewritten step 7 so it is clearer to understand. The original intent of this recipe is to keep the rice separate from the chicken mixture, but really it's up to you - feel free to combine them before spooning into the lettuce, like in Stormylee's pic (which is beautiful by the way, thank you Stormylee!). I hope this clears up any issues. Thanks again for the constructive criticism.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilli Chicken Parcels
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.5
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 52.5 mg
- Sodium 411.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 22.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet chili sauce