Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
These delicious mini chicken casseroles are perfect party warmers - just serve in mugs or bowls.
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, cut into chunks
- 6 large chicken fillets, cut into pieces
- 1 1⁄2 lbs arrabiata pasta sauce
- 15 ounces kidney beans in chili sauce
- 3 large bell peppers (mixed colours)
- warm crusty bread, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large, deep heatproof casserole dish and fry the onion for 5 minutes Add the chicken pieces and cook over a medium heat, stirring all the time until lightly browned.
- Stir in the pasta sauce and 1 cup water. Season well, then partially cover and simmer for 40 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add the kidney beans and diced peppers and cook, uncovered, for a further 20-25 mins until the peppers are tender.
- Serve in mugs or bowls with warm crusty bread.