Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
We can't recall where we got the original recipe for this - but it helped us use up excess chillies from the garden. We've eaten it cold, but warmed slightly and served with ice cream and cream is also delicious.
- Preheat oven to slow, 150 Celsius. Lightly grease a 18 x 28 cm pan. Line with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above pan edge.
- Using a double boiler (or small glass bowl over pot of water) combine chocolate, butter, sugar and chilli. Stir over low heat until smooth. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Lightly blend cherries, flour, almond meal and eggs until well combined. Pour mixture into pan, smoothing top. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until cooked when tested with a skewer (check 5 minutes earlier for fan forced oven.).
- Slice into squares, dust with cocoa powder and serve.
- Options for variations: Add ½ cup crushed peanuts with flour and almond meal. Replace dark chocolate with white chocolate. Replace cherries with mulberries.