Recipe by Laura Jade
Delicious, easy, fresh and can cook for lots of people. Can serve with rice noodles or rice. Original Recipe from Marie Claire cook books.
- 200 g dried thick rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 onions, sliced in wedges
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted dry-roasted cashews
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup coriander leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles in boiling water for 3 mins or until tender, drain.
- Heat wok on high heat.
- Add oil, onions, sugar and sambal olek, cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from wok and set aside.
- Add chicken and stir to cook until golden (sbout 4 mins).
- Add capsicum, cashew, fish sauce, soy, lemon juice, onion mixture and noodels to wok.
- Cook for another 4 mins stirring, until heated through.
- Serve sprinkled with corriander.