Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is great for when friends drop around. For the meat lovers, you could substitute 1 can of beans with 250g lean minced beef. Just brown the beef with the onion and garlic. Enjoy
- cooking spray
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 medium red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 (420 g) can red kidney beans, rinsed,drained
- 1 (400 g) can borlotti beans, rinsed,drained
- 2 (400 g) cans tomatoes
- 4 fresh red chilies, seeded,chopped
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 2 flour tortillas (18cm)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mexican chili powder
- 1⁄2 medium avocado, mashed
- Coat pan with cooking oil spray, add onion and garlic, cook, stirring, until tender.
- Add capsicum, beans, undrained chopped tomato, chilli, stock and paste.
- Simmer, uncovered, 1 hour or until thickened.
- Stir in coriander.
- Meanwhile, cut tortillas into wedges, place on oven trays.
- Spray wedges lightly with cooking oil spray, sprinkle with chilli powder.
- Bake in very hot oven about 8 minutes or until browned and crips.
- Serve bean mixture with tortilla crisps and avocado.