Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great for a midweek easy meal. Easy to half or double to feed unexpected guests.
- 2 (400 g) cansmixed beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons light muscovado sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 French baguette, sliced on the diagonal
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese
- Put the first 6 ingredients in a pan, bring to the boil and turn down the heat to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile spread baguettes over a baking sheet,
- toast one side under a hot grill.
- Turn over and top with some of the cheese,
- grill until golden and bubbly.
- Put beans on toast - scoff.