Recipe by Rhiannon and Matt
Roastd capsicums are available from good delicatessens or you can roast your own if you prefer. Source: Delicious magazine - March 2002
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 roasted red capsicums
- 2 small red chilies, seeded, chopped
- 900 ml vegetable stock
- 700 ml tomato passata
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato paste
- 415 g red kidney beans, drained, washed
- sour cream, to serve
- coriander, to serve
- 150 g self-raising flour
- 175 g instant polenta
- 100 g goat's cheese, crumbled
- 310 g creamed corn
- 2 red chilies, seeded, diced
- 1 tablespoon coriander, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 175 ml buttermilk
- 50 g butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large saucepan, add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes over medium heat until soft. Add garlic, capsicum, chilli and cook for 1 minute.
- Add stock, passata, tomato paste and kidney beans. Stir to combine.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to a simmer for 25 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly, then blend in batches.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- To make the corn bread, sift the flour, polenta and 1 teaspoon of salt in a mixing bowl, add goat's cheese, corn, chilli, coriander, honey, buttermilk and butter, and season with black pepper.
- Stir to combine and transfer to a greased 20cm spring-form pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Swirl sour cream into soup and garnish with coriander. Serve with corn bread.