Recipe by Terese
A lovely appetiser that goes great with an assortment of dips and spreads. The ricotta should be bought in a wedge by weight from your delicatessen. Don't buy the ricotta packaged in tubs or paper as it is not suitable for this recipe.
- 750 g wedge fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ricotta on an oven tray lined with baking paper.
- Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with pepper and half of the chilli.
- Bake, uncovered, in a hot oven (220-230oC), about 15 minutes or until warmed through.
- Sprinkle with oregano and remaining chilli; place ricotta under hot grill until browned lightly.