Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I first made this recipe as an accompaniment to grilled steak, sliced into strips and then dipped into the er...dip. Great finger food ! My wife is the only one who complains about " too much chilli and garlic " where as most my friends sometimes complain " not enough !" you can add or decrease to your taste. Food blender is required. Good quality " just ripe" avos are essential. In the beginning, used to add some smooth cream cheese as well...so you can try it with or without.
- 2-3 avocados, peeled, pitted and roughly chopped
- 2-5 garlic cloves, roughly chopped (to taste )
- fresh chili pepper, seeds removed and roughly chopped (to taste )
- freshly ground salt and pepper
- 75 ml olive oil
- 125 ml mayonnaise
- 75 ml white vinegar or 75 ml lemon juice
- 125 ml cream cheese (optional)
- 9.85-14.78 ml sugar
- 1) add garlic, chillis, olive oil, mayonnaise, vinegar/lemon juice and sugar to blender and blend. Taste to ensure correct blend of sweet and sour. Adjust to your taste.
- 2) Add chopped avocado, a few pieces at a time and continue to blend until smooth.
- 3) Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 4) add some smooth cream cheese to taste ( optional ).