I first made this recipe as an accompaniment to grilled steak, sliced into strips and then dipped into the er...dip. Great finger food ! My wife is the only one who complains about " too much chilli and garlic " where as most my friends sometimes complain " not enough !" you can add or decrease to your taste. Food blender is required. Good quality " just ripe" avos are essential. In the beginning, used to add some smooth cream cheese as well...so you can try it with or without.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2-3 avocados, peeled, pitted and roughly chopped
- 2-5 garlic cloves, roughly chopped (to taste )
- fresh chili pepper, seeds removed and roughly chopped (to taste )
- freshly ground salt and pepper
- 75 ml olive oil
- 125 ml mayonnaise
- 75 ml white vinegar or 75 ml lemon juice
- 125 ml cream cheese (optional)
- 9.85-14.78 ml sugar
- 11) add garlic, chillis, olive oil, mayonnaise, vinegar/lemon juice and sugar to blender and blend. Taste to ensure correct blend of sweet and sour. Adjust to your taste.
- 22) Add chopped avocado, a few pieces at a time and continue to blend until smooth.
- 33) Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 44) add some smooth cream cheese to taste ( optional ).
Browse Our Top Avocado Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Avocado Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilli and Garlic Avocado Dip
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.8
- Calories from Fat 366
- Total Fat 40.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 217.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 2.3 g