Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 35 mins
Have not tried it yet...but I want to.
Make and share this Chilli and Cheese Sloppy Joes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped red onions, divided
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup drained canned diced tomato
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 slices sourdough bread, inch-thick slices, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup packed grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 1 1/2 cups onions and next 3 ingredients. Sauté until beef is cooked through, breaking up with spoon, about 5 minutes. Add beans with liquid and tomatoes. Simmer until thickened, about 15 minutes. Mix in cilantro, salt, and pepper.
- Place sourdough toasts on plates. Top with chili, cheese, and remaining chopped red onions.