Recipe by zeldaz51
No cooking, lots of veggies and herbs, perfect for midsummer. From "Diabetes Cooking for Everyone", by Carol Gelles. Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 1/4 milk, 1/2 fat.
- 3 cups peeled cubed cucumbers
- 1 cup cubed zucchini
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup cubed green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cubed onion
- 1⁄2 cup lightly packed basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons lightly packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon lightly packed mint leaf
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup plain yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender or food processor combine all ingredients except yogurt and salt and process until smooth.
- Add the yogurt and blend on low speed until mixed. Check for seasoning.If made in advance and refrigerated, check for seasoning before serving, as cold foods need to be more highly seasoned.