Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
You can add extra lime juice for tang, and honey for extra sweetness. If your watermelon is good and sweet, omit the honey. For a pretty presentation, garnish with watermelon balls and fresh mint sprigs.
- 4 cups cubed seeded watermelon
- 1⁄3 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- Process the first 5 ingredients and honey (if desired) in a blender or food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape sides.
- Cover and chill for one hour.
- Serve in individual bowls with a dollop of yogurt.
Great way to use up some excess watermelon. I processed the yogurt in with everything else to have a creamy soup. Very nice and refreshing.
Had all the ingredients on hand and made it for lunch today. It was pretty good and very refreshing!
made this today(had so much watermelon) and it is really refreshing.