- 6 cups watermelon, diced and seeded
- 1 -2 teaspoon lemon juice or 1 -2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups blackberries
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 1 -2 teaspoon rose water or 1 -2 teaspoon orange flower water
- 1 lb red watermelon
- 1 lb yellow watermelon
- 1⁄4 cup pomegranate seeds
- mint sprig, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Purée the diced watermelon, add lemon juice and salt, cover, and refrigerate for one hour.
- Stir together blackberries, sugar, and a few drops of rosewater. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Seed the red and yellow watermelon and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Add rosewater to the cold watermelon purée, to taste. Ladle the juice into the soup bowls, then add the melon pieces, berries, and pomegranate seeds.
- Garnish with the mint and serve.