Recipe by Feast Your Eyes!
This medley of healthy, colorful vegetables includes julienne strips of zucchini, carrot, sweet red pepper, and yellow squash. Using a sugar substitute adds a subtle sweetness to the dressing without all the carbohydrates and calories.
Top Review by French Tart
A delicious combination and a very sophisticated flavour, elegant and well worth the effort! I served this today with garlic chicken for a light early Autumn lunch, and have plenty left in the fridge for the next few days. I loved the addition of the celery seeds and herbs, a lovely recipe discovered through PAC, Autumn 2009! Merci! FT:-)
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into julienne strips
- 2 medium yellow squash, cut into julienne strips
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into julienne strips
- 1 medium size sweet red pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons green onions, roughly chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first seven (7) ingredients in a large skillet; bring to a boil.
- Add the zucchini, squash, carrots and red pepper; cover and reduce the heat. Simmer for 6 to 8 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Drain well; rinse in cold water.
- Transfer the vegetables to a serving dish, add the celery seed and toss well. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the salad dressing, sugar substitute, vinegar and water; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Pour over the vegetables.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled, stirring several times. Serve with a slotted spoon.