Feast Your Eyes!'s Note:
This medley of healthy, colorful vegetables includes julienne strips of zucchini, carrot, sweet red pepper, and yellow squash. Using a sugar substitute adds a subtle sweetness to the dressing without all the carbohydrates and calories.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into julienne strips
- 2 medium yellow squash, cut into julienne strips
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into julienne strips
- 1 medium size sweet red pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup sugar substitute
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons green onions, roughly chopped
- 1Combine the first seven (7) ingredients in a large skillet; bring to a boil.
- 2Add the zucchini, squash, carrots and red pepper; cover and reduce the heat. Simmer for 6 to 8 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 3Drain well; rinse in cold water.
- 4Transfer the vegetables to a serving dish, add the celery seed and toss well. Set aside.
- 5In a small saucepan, combine the salad dressing, sugar substitute, vinegar and water; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Pour over the vegetables.
- 6Cover and refrigerate until chilled, stirring several times. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilled Vegetable Medley
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.9
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 356.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 2.1 g