Based on a Martha Stewart recipe. I substitute yogurt for the buttermilk originally called for. Garnish with diced avocado.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 lb tomatillo, husked, rinsed and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 poblano pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 avocados
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, ground
- 1/4 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Heat olive oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 10 minutes.
- 2Add tomatillos, garlic and poblano pepper and cook 5 minutes. Raise heat to medium high, add chicken stock, cumin and cilantro, and cook 10 minutes more. Remove from heat and cool.
- 3Pour mixture along with avocados into food processor and puree until smooth, or use submersion blender to puree in the pot.
- 4Add yogurt, salt and pepper and combine well. Transfer to bowl and chill in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilled Tomatillo Yogurt Soup
Serving Size: 1 (525 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.1
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 708.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 11.6 g