- 2 small leeks, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs zucchini, sliced
- 3 cups homemade chicken stock
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup dill, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Over medium heat, cook the leeks in the oil until tender.
- Add the sliced zucchini and broth; bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 8-10 minutes until both veggies are tender.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Process the soup mixture in a blender or with a stick blender until smooth.
- Stir in half and half and next 3 ingredients.
- Chill the soup at least 3 hours.
- Optional: Garnish with a small dollop of sour cream and some dill sprigs.