Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Wonderfully refreshing- serve it cold! Try this on a hot day served with a crusty loaf of French bread and glass of white wine, iced tea or lemonade. No cooking involved, if you use frozen cleaned and precooked shrimp. From The Collector's Cookbook Hearty Cold Dishes, Woman's Day Kitchen.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb shrimp, cooked, cleaned and diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup diced peeled cucumber (1 medium)
- 3 tablespoons chopped dill or 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Stir together broth, cream, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Stir in shrimps, cucumber and dill.
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Makes 6 cups, or 4 main-dish servings.
- Note: Time does not include chill time.
Very good summer soup, made as directed but did not have any lemons, so I subbed lemon grass from my garden. Excellent!