Recipe by bake_a_holic
Guests at my parties loved the flavor of this beautiful fruit soup, calling it elegant, surprising and a real treat!
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup water, divided
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 2 (8 ounce) cartons strawberry yogurt
- 2 drops red food coloring (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine the apple juice, 3/4 cup water, sugar, cinnamon and cloves; bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Remove from heat; cool.
- Place strawberries and remaining water in a blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth.
- Pour into a large bowl.
- Add the apple juice mixture, yogurt and food coloring if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Garnish with additional strawberries if desired.