Recipe by Annacia
This is a summer dream. It's the prettiest color (try to use the ripest deep red berries)and can be served as a soup or thinned and served in a crystal goblet. I made a half recipe and there was lots for two. The cooking time is chill time.
Top Review by Margie99
We liked this a lot. My Dh looked oddly at me when I asked him to put it in a bowl and top it with the yogurt I handed to him. But it was really good. It is february in Michigan so I didn't have great strawberries, I did add a tablespoon or so of sugar. Serving it as a soup also got my girls to eat some.
- 1 quart strawberry, stem tops removed
- 8 ounces non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1 orange, juice of
- 4 -6 mint leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and stem berries.
- Place ingredients in food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Chill and serve with a small dollop of yogurt and a mint sprig as garnish.
- *It can be further enhanced with a shot of Grand Marnier or a couple ounces of sweet champagne.