Recipe by TXOLDHAM
This chilled soup is served at Appletree Restaurant(not the chain) in Taos, New Mexico. I haven't made yet but wanted to save for strawberry season. I am guessing at times as they are not included in the original recipe.
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 ounces strawberry liqueur
- 1 pint strawberry, cleaned, cored, and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup whole pecans
- 6 sprigs mint
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree in a blender the yogurt, apple juice, sour cream, honey and strawberry liqueur.
- Puree half the strawberries in a food processor. Add to the mixture in the blender along with the finely chopped pecans. Puree all again.
- Pour the pureed soup into a large serving bowl. Add the remainder of the strawberries and the whole pecans and stir.
- Garnish soup with the mint leaves.